Street named for Father Marino Frascati

(Plain Press, June 2007) At a May 20th dedication ceremony, a street in the new Battery Park development was named for Father Marino Frascati, the retired Pastor of Our Lady of Mt Carmel. Frascati, active in neighborhood development during his tenure at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel from 1957 to 1995, was a founding member of the Detroit Shoreway Community Development Organization. Frascati was instrumental in the purchase and clearing of factories and buildings to make way for the Villa Mercede senior highrise and new condos now located on Father Caruso Drive. (also bearing the name of a Our Lady of Mt. Carmel pastor)

The new street is located near W. 73rd and Fr. Caruso Drive, just north of Lake Avenue. The street is part of Battery Park development, a 300-plus unit residential development on the 13-acre site of the former Eveready Battery Plant.

Father Marino Frascati, a native of Italy, came to the United States in 1949 and was ordained a Mercedarian Friar in 1951.

 

News & Articles | Archives