Calvary Reformed Church plans renovation

(Plain Press May 2007) Calvary Reformed Church plans to partially demolish and then rebuild and expand their church facility at 1918 W. 65th Street through summer of 2007. Some highlights of the renovation include an energy efficiency upgrade, accessibility for persons with disabilities, a larger sanctuary and additional classroom space.

FORUM Architects of Cleveland is the architect for the project. Funding for the project, estimated to cost between $250,00 and $300,000, will come from gifts and contributions to the church’s Campaign for Calvary – Building Renovation Initiative. The renovation work will be done almost entirely by volunteers.

Most of the church’s ministries and programs will relocate to People’s Hope United Methodist Church and Bethany Presbyterian Church, which are located  north of Calvary on W. 65th Street.

Calvary Reformed Church is part of the Reformed Church in America, the oldest Protestant denomination in the United States. The pastor is Rev. Dean Van Farowe. Commissioned as a church in 1890, Calvary has a 116+ year history in what is now called the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood of Cleveland. For more information visit the church’s website at www.calvary-cleveland.org

 

News & Articles | Archives