Select a Neighborhood
Welcome to Stockyards
Stockyards got its name from the livestock yards located in the neighborhood in the early 1900s. The yards were owned by the Cleveland Union Stockyards Company and comprised over sixty acres of land. In 1920 they were the nation's seventh largest livestock yards. Germans were the first group of immigrants to live in the area, but Czechs, Poles, Slovaks and Italians immigrated to this neighborhood shortly thereafter. Today Stockyards continues to be a diverse neighborhood containing a significant Hispanic/Latino, African-American and Appalachian population.