Select a Neighborhood
Welcome to South Collinwood
The area that became South Collinwood was first settled in 1812. With the establishment of several vineyards, by the 1870s the Collinwood area had become the largest shipping point in the nation for grapes. In the 1890s the area’s main economic activity was replaced by railroads. Population peaked for this neighborhood in 1930 at 30,175- larger than the size of many suburban cities of the time. Over the next 7 decades population decreased significantly (14,392) in part due to the rise of freeways and the movement of heavy industry out of the region.