Select a Neighborhood
Welcome to Goodrich-Kirtland
Goodrich-Kirtland Park became part of the Cleveland when Cleveland Township was annexed in 1850. This older neighborhood urbanized in the 1870s and 1880s as industry developed north of St. Clair along the railroad lines which paralleled Lake Erie. Industry attracted Slovenian, Lithuanian, Croatian, German and Polish immigrants. Many historic landmarks of this community exist today. One of the most prominent is the Immaculate Conception Church established in 1873 (and rebuilt in 1898) at East 41st and Superior.