Select a Neighborhood
Welcome to Corlett
The neighborhood of Corlett was originally part of Newburgh and Warrensville Heights annexed to Cleveland in between 1909 and 1917. This neighborhood experienced a significant population boom between 1910 and 1930 increasing from 1,200 to 20,000 residents. As a result, most of the buildings along the popular intersection of East 131 street and Miles (at the crossing of the Erie railroad) have several buildings from that era. Among the more historically significant buildings in the East 131st street area are the Boys & Girls Club (formerly the Sokol Tyrs Hall) built in 1926 and the Corlett School built in 1915.