Select a Neighborhood
Welcome to Buckeye-Shaker
Annexed to Cleveland in 1913-1915 with principle development between 1900 and 1930, the Buckeye-Shaker neighborhood attracted a large Hungarian population and was known as Cleveland's Little Hungary. Shaker Square was developed in the late 1920s by the Oris Paxton and Mantis James Van Sweringen, brothers renown for their real estate, railroad and city planning enterprises. It is one of the nations earliest and most architecturally distinguished examples of a planned shopping center.