Health Information from University and Nonprofit Medical Organizations:
- Cleveland Clinic Health Information Center- Online health talks,
a community health calendar, information about clinical trials and current research.
- MetroHealth Information- A concise discussion of important health issues.
- Net Wellness-NetWellness is a non-profit consumer health
web site that provides high quality information created and evaluated by medical
and health professional faculty at the University of Cincinnati, Case Western
Reserve University and The Ohio State University. The site features an extensive
library that offers patient education materials and an Ask an Expert service
that offers 200 health professionals that can answer your legitimate health
- Complete Home Medical Guide - Columbia University
College of Physicians and Surgeons -This comprehensive guide
contains sections on: "Symptoms and Diagnoses," "First Aid and Safety," "Disease
Prevention," and "Drugs and Their Uses."
- Healthy Women-Women's health information provided
by the National Women's Health Resource Center.
- MED HELP-This site contains
health news and information as well as patient to patient forums and
question and answer forums with leading professionals.
- The Virtual Hospital-"The Virtual Hospital is
a digital health sciences library created in 1992 at the University of Iowa to
help meet the information needs of health care providers and patients. The goal
of the Virtual Hospital digital library is to make the Internet a useful
medical reference and health promotion tool for health care providers
and patients. The Virtual Hospital digital library contains hundreds of
books and brochures for health care providers and patients."
- The Virtual Children's Hospital- This site contains pediatric related health information.