The GDC Housing Development Division handles tasks for existing
housing stock rehabilitation and new construction. Emphasis is on
high quality and affordable homes. (see pictures of Steeplechase,
Glenhaven, Holden Apartments, tax credit single family homes, market
rate homes, Parkside Homes)
- Celebrated grand opening of Steeplechase Apartments, Glenville
Elderly II, in partnership with NRP, renovating vacant land into
48 two-bedroom units for low-income seniors 55 and over. Units
are fully leased
- Partnered with Rysar Properties, Cleveland Housing Network
and Cresthaven Development for design approval and built several
new market rate homes in North Glenville. Constructed (2) homes
on East 94th Street, (3) homes on East 99th Street, and (3) homes
on East 102nd Street. All sites received the Housing Trust Fund
- In a joint effort with Rysar Properties and Cleveland Housing
Network, received the Housing Trust Fund Award for design and
construction of (10) new market rate homes on South Boulevard.
- Originated approximately (3) loans for the Cleveland Fix-Up
- Completed rehabilitation construction management on (15) units
for lease purchase and Homeward.
- Purchased (1) Glenville home, completed rehabilitation and
- Completed (12) units for Housewarming Program. Replaced heating
units and installed new insulation.
- Compiled and monitored list of vacant & abandoned board-ups
(VAB) in the Glenville area.
- Electrical Partnership Program (EPP) assists low-moderate income
families in reducing energy consumption in their homes. Education
of high-energy use in homes and how to reduce costs. Measured
efficiency in (40) homes and helped reduce clients electric bills
by at least $100 annually.
- Served low-moderate income families through home repair; weatherization
and paint program.
For more information, please contact James
Maher or Ken Townsend at 216-851-8724.