DO'S & DON'TS
In a Job Interview
- Arrive 10 minutes early. Go alone to the interview.
- Greet the interviewer with a warm, confident "Hello" and a
- Be well rested.
- Dress and groom yourself with perfection. (Appropriate business attire,
- Maintain good posture.
- Emphasize positive things about yourself.
- Be honest about your background and experience.
- Ask a few appropriate questions.
- Remain calm and alert to answer all questions.
- Thank the interviewer for his/her time.
- Send a thank you note.
Back to the NeighborhoodLink Main Menu
- Bring a friend or relative with you.
- Arrive late.
- Use excessive perfume or make-up.
- Ask about the salary unless the interviewer brings it up.
- Look hesitant when asked tough questions - think before answering.
- "Bad mouth" a former employer or past co-workers.
- Appear anxious to end the interview.