RESEARCH ANALYSIS SHEET - Newspaper Ads - 1840s
- Into what categories can you divide your advertisements? (i.e.
products, services, entertainment, news, clothing, equipment,
- What products are similar to products available today?
- Compare costs of similar products from the 1840s to the 1990s.
- Who would use these products?
- What products would you not be able to buy today?
- What businesses are similar to businesses today?
- What businesses would you not find today?
Answer the following questions if you can find the information
in your classified section.
- What did people do for entertainment or "fun" in
- What types of transportation were available?
- What information can you gather about clothing styles?
- What "news" items or announcements were in the classifieds?
- What information could you find about housing?
- Community services?